Friday, January 29, 2010

Vital Signs

Yesterday was a yearly health screening at work. It is voluntary with a perk of $10/month discounted off your health insurance cost. So pretty much everyone does it. And really, why wouldn't you? $10/month off and a road runner band-aid... life is good!

Last years screening I remember all too keenly. Very attractive man nurse + heaviest weight of my life = embarrassing! Not too long after I went to see Dr. Evil and she whipped my perspective and my behind into shape.

Lately, I've been stalled in my weight loss and overwhelmed at how much farther I have to go. It was such an encouragement though to see how far I have come. Dustin looked through my results and said, "Wow! I can tell you are a very active person. What kinds of workouts do you do?" I think I was grinning at him like he was chocolate cake. That's right! I am a very active person... huh huh huh! (said in sexy french accent, of course) So thankful for the changes I have made this year and am looking forward to Dustin being even more impressed next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment