Tuesday, January 19, 2010

3 Dinners and a Baldie

Yesterday was an epic fail for me... in regards to alot of things... the funniest of all these being after SLAM.

I went to grab a double cheeseburger and McChicken sandwich at McDonald's after SLAM. I usually get that because I don't like french fries and one or the other just doesn't seem enough. For some reason when I got to McDonald's I wanted french fries though, but then couldn't decide which sandwich I wanted. I decided to get them all: A double cheeseburger mightykids meal and a McChicken sandwich. Whew! That was a perplexing one....

Right before I order, Baldie walks in with a woman... a beautiful one... who only planned to order a bottle of water! (I may have made that up) Suddenly I feel self conscious about the amount of food I am ordering. I fake like I didn't see anyone and mumble my order under my breath to Hosea. Another woman from SLAM shows up with some of the girls she is mentoring. She invites me to eat with them. Ordinarily, that would be so fun and I would stay, but I was overwhelmed with awkwardness about the man standing behind me and the amount of food that Hosea was going to hand in me in a moment. A bright flashing red light in my brain is screaming "Get out of here! Abort!" The next thing I know I hear myself make up some lame story about taking food home to my roommate. MY ROOMMATE... the one who is out to dinner with a friend from out of town...????? oh my word! Seriously, Rachel?

I don't know why I was in such a tizzy. Independently of Baldie and I not having spoken words to each other since the hanger incident, I had decided that "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." I guess maybe it was just the irony of it all... I hope that's all it was cuz it was ridiculous.

Hosea hands me my food and I jet for the door, making eye contact with only the floor tiles- as I come out I bump into this man who is asking for food. I hand him one of my bags and cross the street. I reach into my bag of food and pull out chicken nuggets! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I hate my life! There's no way I am going back in there. Long story shorter.... After this I picked up a bag of gummy bears and a cheeseburger at Portillo's and ate it all until I was sick last night.... Grease dripping from my fingers, I related the story to Mark at home, who was amused.

Awesome. Good response. Way to make healthy choices! :)
grrrrrrr. Next time Baldie... I'll be ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment