Thursday, January 28, 2010

Falling.

"Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!"
Remember these commercials?I can't help but love it.
I felt kinda like Mrs. Fletcher yesterday on my way to class when I wiped out in the freshly fallen snow.

I was wearing my silver sparkly ballet shoes... They are not exactly winter wear, but I was revolting against this miserable season. Winter had the last last laugh however as I tumbled to the pavement scraping my hand and bruising my foot. Some valet guys stood around just looking at me and shaking their coffee cups full of salt in my general direction.


More seriously... later last night I also felt the hardness of falling- this time bruising my pride and self-righteousness instead of my foot. I hate falling. Hate the reality of failing. Hate being humbled. Hate asking for forgiveness. Hate being offered grace. Hate being needy. I am weary of myself and my sin. I'm sure many others are too. Andrew Peterson song lyrics spring to mind: "Falling down ain't graceful, but I thank the Lord that falling's full of grace." I echo his sentiments tonight.

3 comments:

  1. you're really a great writer! just checking in on your blog again-- it had been a while. loved running into you at moody last week. maybe i'll see you at founder's week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read like your whole blog... haha, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach! This is so amazing. I commiserate with the falling on the sidewalk part:)
    Thanks so much for the encouraging words!You have so much insight!

    ReplyDelete