Wednesday, January 27, 2010

98...99...100!

Happy 100th post!
I'm not sure if this is as big a deal as I am making it, but we can pretend it is. I just feel like there should be some epic announcement or at least cake to celebrate this milestone. The biggest announcement that I have right now though is that I am eating (to be more accurate: attempting to eat) frozen guacamole. Now I know that the top shelf of the fridg at work keeps things extremely cold. Check.

Actually here's something that I don't think I have mentioned on here before. I am praying and planning on moving. Not out of Chicago, but out of the downtown. I love my roommate and my cozy apartment and my "commute" to work, but over the past year or so I have felt the Lord nudging me closer and closer to this decision. I wasn't ready to even entertain the idea seriously until Christmas break because I knew that making a move would require some changes (even some sacrifices) and we all know how much I looooooove those. hahahaha.

Well, since Christmas break it seems something has shifted in me. The changes and sacrifices that will be a part of making this idea a reality are now worth it to me. The excitement about what the Lord has for me during the next few years far outweighs the despair the CTA causes me (and as you may know; it causes me much despair!)

The basic plan is move closer to my church- to East Garfield Park or a surrounding neighborhood sometime in later summer. That's it. That's all I got. I am definitely not doing this on a whim, however I am doing it on faith. So, if you think of it, you can pray for me and send me any leads about apartments or roommates. Thanks!

C'mon... you didn't really expect me to pass up a hairy man cake, did you?


No comments:

Post a Comment