Thursday, November 19, 2009

Doing the Hokey Pokey

These things each could probably have had their own blog post; but I was too lazy/busy to write them and so are now just a list you can ask me for more details about later:

1. "The pretty one" at work told me that my hair looked good the other day when it was greasy and un-styled. :) Yes... I am a force to be reckoned with.

2. I went to my first grad school class. Maybe it's not as exciting as it sounds. Kaits and I are considering taking a Moody Grad class so we visited one tonight. It was Dr. Thrasher's class about prayer and we spent the whole hour praying together which was very refreshing. I've never met Dr. Thrasher, but I just received a free book yesterday that he had written. And that one time when I talked to Dwight Edwards (love of my heart!) he said that he knew Bill Thrasher. I also learned that there are a whole lotta good looking men there. Just sayin.

3. There are some things in life that just don't mix. Like sardines and orange juice. Like Star Wars and My Little Pony. Like me shouting up to a window of an apartment in Cabrini that I brought cash.

4. It's NO SHAVE NOVEMBER! This is a month that I can really, REALLY appreciate. Men, feel free to continue the occasion into the new year.... Furry February anyone??

5. I bought musical cards today. And that made me so happy! One played the chicken dance- which I may have actually done in my co-workers office (minus the butt wiggling. :) I just added some extra claps.) The other one played Gloria Estefan singing "Get on your feet"

6. I think have a stalker. Her picture is below - BEWARE! Actually I know her and love her. And she has a blog you should read now.


7. Phil the Trainer. Like a joke with bad timing....(My mom makes bread!) Phil is from 2 weeks ago computer software training at work. He had alot of interesting memory tricks... such as referring to certain icons within the program as "eye candy" and calling my co-worker a sugar daddy. :) these are the things blogs are made of folks.

8. Update on my love life: I tried to talk to Baldie the other night. We ended up talking about HANGERS! Not even the interesting kind that house airplanes. Oh no... the regular old triangular shaped ones that you hang your coat on in a closet. epic fail!

8. The Bluewater #364 train is pulling out of Union station tomorrow with me on board! I am headed home for Thanksgiving. It feels surreal... I am not quite ready for this time of year. I am glad to be going home for awhile to be with family and friends, but I am also apprehensive about the raw emotions these familiar people and places bring. The 1 year anniversary of my grandpa's death is approaching much quicker than I would like. In so many ways, I can celebrate the Lord's faithfulness. I am OK a year later... I didn't think that was possible last Thanksgiving. Still the pain of death's separation stings. I also have not talked to my grandpa in a year or heard him laugh or say my name, have not heard one of his jokes or watched him tinker in the garage, have not hugged him or said goodnight to him. Realities that seemed to be so routine a little over a year ago- I miss those sweet moments.

1 comment:

  1. ha!! everytime i look up this post a picture of me comes up. that's hilarious.
    hey. it's time for a new post young lady. i am indesperate need of some laughter!

    ReplyDelete