Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I love men!

Probably you're thinking that this post is going to contain my latest singles ad or something. (SWF seeking SHM...think about it!) HOWEVER, that is not the intent of this post.

I love my Dad
For some reason my sister's relationship/engagement has also really shaken how I feel about my relationship with my Dad. I am a bizarre tangle of emotions sometimes. The only thing I can really figure is that much of my connection with my Dad I find in fact that I am the oldest and we have spent a fair bit of time figuring stuff out together. I tried once or twice on Saturday but I wasn't really feeling too brave. Finally on phone call #3 I was ready; weeping with battery of questions like: "Are you proud of me?" Do you think I'm a failure?" Questions like these that are totally absurd- especially if you know my Dad! He loves each of his girls like crazy! I really needed to hear his reassurance though.

It was such a good conversation because my Dad made me feel so safe. That I could be as needy as I wanted and he would just take care of me. I feel that is an inadequate description, but needless to say it is much different than the kind of "taking care" your Mom does when you're sick. That's one reason I really love my Dad. I love his strength and bravery and "linebacker-ness" (I quite possible just made up that word!)

I love Pastors
Also, here at MBI there are rather ALOT of men this week for Pastor's Conference. Basically there has not been a place with this much plaid, khakis, belts and loafers since I don't know when! I passed by the auditorium when they were singing praise songs yesterday. There was something about it that gave me goosebumps....a bunch of Pastors who are no doubt exhausted finding refuge in their God together. Also, it's a bonus that the whole campus smells like cologne and aftershave. :) I think it would be super great to work in a place that took care of tired Pastors.... maybe like a bed and breakfast retreat, maybe like planning conferences to refresh them, maybe like making fresh new resources more available especially to pastors of churches overseas, the possibilities are ENDLESS.....

I love all men

Also I like the jokes men tell. Most of which are CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESEY! I love that they throw it out there and are delighted when/if you laugh.

Also, I like that men understand and appreciate the Godfather. Kaits and I started watching it last night. We had it at our house for 3 weeks! It was time to watch it and send it back to Netflix. We started it real excited, but the beginning is slow.... no offense Brando, but you're (ehhhhh.. scratch, scratch my chin) killing me! Violence is addictive and I was getting into it- even found a couple quotable lines. Kaits was real tired and fell asleep so I ended up turning it off. I feel like it is the kind of movie meant to be experienced with someone else you know? I do want to finish it sometime; with a man though I think. The "You've Got Mail" version of the Godfather is probably good enough for me, but I love to watch when men really get into something and am always surprised by the significance or humor they see in things. Confession: Despite not being quite so Italian as the Corleone's, I felt proud to be Italian and even have some Sicilian blood in me. Glad that I come from a place that appreciates a good cannoli and that I knew what an insult it is to call someone a "dego." (Thanks Grandpa!)


Random News From Me Since My Last Post:
I got a twitter (I don't know why- probably because Joe told me to)!
I say things backwards (ie-13 x 9 pan)!
I have a hair on my chin that is driving me crazy right now because it needs to be plucked!
I don't know why everything is so exciting (ie- all the exclamation points)!

4 comments:

  1. Your dad is a pretty cool guy.
    Is it not a 13 x 9 pan?! My universe is like shattered now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right... apparently it is a 9 x 13 pan, my friends have informed me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I always say 13x9!!! And a twitter? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes..... I think maybe our whole family has it wrong! crazy right?!?! AND the Twitter is mostly to keep up with Joe at his bro's wedding... don't want ot miss a minute of that!

    ReplyDelete