Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baby, Come to Me....

Baby, come to me, let me put my arms around you
This was meant to be and I'm oh so glad I found you
Need you ev'ry day, gotta have your love around me
Baby, always stay 'cause I can't go back to livin' without you

This song played while I was at Ho-Joe's this morning and now I cannot get it out of my head. For those of you without a Moody affiliation, Ho-Joe's is the restaurant part of the Howard Johnson hotel across the street where you can get a deliciously cheap breakfast. Kaits and I met Thom and Joe there. Thom is graduating next weekend and then moving back to PA. Sad- no more Fischy dance moves. (And seriously, whose ballroom dancing videos will I borrow?!?) :)

Maybe "Cheer Bear" is rubbing off on me, but I was much more alert than usual this morning. And totally amused with people watching, which is nothing new. Imagine a man in his mid-twenties, baseball cap, satchel, jeans and a blazer. (PS-who decided this was a good combo for men.....? It stresses me out. Are you dressed up or casual? Make up your mind!) He leaves our building and walks to Ho-Joe's... past Ho-Joe's and then back again. We decided he wanted to eat there, but turned away when he saw the "Cash Only" sign to find an ATM. We were all (with the exception of Joe who could care less about men in blazers looking for an ATM) sad that we would never know if we were right about the situation or not. A few minutes later I interrupt Thom to point across the street and triumphantly proclaim "He's coming back!" This made me break out into a fit of giggles. Why? I have no idea. The man came in and sat in the booth beside us. He had coke and scrambled eggs for breakfast and uses a Mac. I think he designs commercials- Joe thinks he is a murderer. Hopefully we never find out if we are right about that situation.

Yesterday my new boss called. He asked how I was, to which I responded, "Great! I'm wearing a new dress!" Pretty much all day that was my response to people- "Do you like my new dress?" "Isn't it sparkly?" "Watch me twirl!" I felt like I was 8 years old again... except that I wasn't like this at 8 years old. I was much too mature for these kinds of things. So pleased that I am recovering this delight I formerly forwent!

NOTE: You can never know the kind of effort that went in to selecting the word "forwent" and using it properly. Thanks to Alli who forgoed alot to help me forgoo!

2 comments:

  1. Could we just add this post to the list of reasons NBC should buy my blog as material for "The Office"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Love the story...very well told. Your story about your new dress made me laugh too, it reminded me of the octopus girl on Finding Nemo when she's like "one of my tentacles is shorter than the others, but you can't tell when I twirl them like this...*proceeding to twirling motion*"

    ReplyDelete