Monday, April 27, 2009

Well, I arrived at Fleet Feet totally intimidated, and with good reason. The smell of rubber smacks you in the face as you walk through the doors and all these people are walking around buying mini water bottle belts. I told Amy that if I ever get in good enough shape that I consider wearing one of those...TACKLE ME!Amy told me that right before I came in the "perfect" woman from work was there- Of course she was!Darren helped me find a shoe that fit comfortably. He has "princess and the pea" feet I guess. His shoes feel like he's "walking on pillows" he told us. He also told me that I slightly over-pronate... whatever that means. At the end he thanked me by name for shopping there. That's what you're paying for really; Twinkle Toes to remember your name! And no one found me out as an impostor... maybe I was born to be the next Mata Hari.... maybe... OR maybe no one cares if I don't know what I am doing because they all started like that too. Even Darren. :)

Amy and I had a great conversation over dinner mostly about holiness and the fear of God and some other things the Lord has been working over on both of us. So good. There was this really cute waiter.... wish Darren could have been there to help me remember his name. Here's a new strategy for flirting with your waiter: drink lots of water- like a camel- so that he has to come back and refill it all the time. Sadly, "thank you" is about as far as we got. He'll remember me though... of that I am sure- the most polite, thirstiest girl he ever served.

There was this olive oil and balsamic vinegar store that caught our eye so we went in to browse. They had 18 year old balsamic vinegar to sample-it was so sweet. This place with make great unique gifts if you are ever looking for that sort of thing. We also stopped in to an art gallery where everything was 50% off. The prices were still $500-1200, but it was fun to walk through and dream. It started pouring just before we were going to walk back, which suddenly made me regret how much water I had consumed. Apprently I am not a camel. Good to know. :)

When I got home, some fun was had. Mail was waiting for me addressed to DR. HOCKEY! Woah- how creepy is it that I am getting his mail now right?? Sorta. Actually, it was a copy of mail that my insurance company had sent Dr. Hockey about me. I recounted the Lady Liberty story to Joe. How he never heard that one- I don't know! And we watched Selena. Yes, that's right- the one with J-Lo. Don't be jealous- I know you love her too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTgxHJMdvoI

So overall, not a bad day--- even if Bob Carlisle did kick it off with "Butterfly Kisses."

No comments:

Post a Comment