Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Filling in the Cracks

Here's some random things I have wanted to share, but at the time didn't seem long enough to blog about independently.

Movies I have watched recently:
Be Kind, Rewind-awesome movie, love Jack Black and all his extreme silliness!
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang-terrible movie, please don't watch or tell anyone I did!
Calendar Girls-sweet movie, worth watching if you are a girl!

Inventory at Lifeway made my life complete on Saturday. I was assigned the card section (with a couple other people). Imagine if you will -scanning every single card. bleep bleep bleep bleep....... BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP.......! I know to some it may sound awful but it is such a great outlet for me; a context where it is OK to be obsessed with being right! Hooray!

Sunday morning I could not get to church- I waited for the Clark bus for 40 minutes. "CTA, why do you hate me so? I am a nice girl. What have I done to offend you?" That night I played ENCORE. It is the funnest game ever. Two teams alternate thinking of songs that have a particular word in them or from a particular category (EX: Songs that have a number over 10 in them) My team was defeated in the end, but we were pretty great anyway. I took the red line as far north as I have ever been on the "el"- to the Morse stop. My friend Carol was in town and it was so fun to catch up with her in person. The phone just cannot do this woman justice! :) One of her daughter's best friends was there who looked familar to me. Later when she mentioned that she worked at Urban Oasis on Maple, I realized that she had given me a massage about a month ago! Crazy small, awkward world.

Yesterday was the text book bad day..... started off good, got paid, got some sad news, paid my bills, all my friends were busy, gained weight instead of losing it, and it was raining. However, it ended pretty well. I bought an exercise ball finally to do some stretches Dr. Hockey gave me. It is breast cancer awareness pink and so so fun! I felt like a little kid at recess rolling around my apartment.

Today I am getting my hair cut. I think we're going for long layers (ie- Jennifer Anniston in the 90's) but who knows?? I might end up going crazy (ie- Susan Powter in the 90's). Stop the Insanity!

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are so spontaneous. I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way, when I begin sentences with "Rachel," it makes me feel like I'm talking to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhahahha. for sure. I have that same strange feeling when I write "Rachel, "

    ReplyDelete