Monday, February 16, 2009

Stupid Cupid

The title of this blog probably gives off the feel that I am jaded and angry about my singleness.... that I am desperate and pathetic... that I hate valentine day and think it was created to make my life miserable. In fact though, I don't feel that way at all! I just think it sounds funny and remember a song about it from somewhere (I think Mandy Moore sings it).
Actually this Valentine Day was a best.


In the morning Kaitlyn and I had a breakfast of my grandma's "Rigotta." (It's a mixture of ricotta cheese and egg, fried) I am sure that it didn't do grandma justice, but it was good. It gave us the energy we needed to keep up with the 8 little girls that came over a little later that morning. We laughed alot and they screamed alot. :) The activities consisted of games, making cards, decorating cookies, a hilarious skit put on by the girls (WE'RE GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!), storytime and painting nails/doing hair of course. The amount of sprinkles left on our carpet was incredible... So thankful for a roommate who is cool with these kind of endeavors! Also, I had no idea how many chicken nuggets a child can consume. It's pretty incredible. The girls had alot of fun though and so did I. It's pretty great that you can do something as simple as paint a girls nails and you are their heroine you know? I'm really thankful that I get to see these girls at church and hopefully be a big sis in their life. They are all so creative and kind and funny and incredibly stylish for little girls!

That night I took the Metra out to Wheaton or somewhere near there. I decided that it was warm enough for flip-flops.... I not exactly sure what I was thinking. Maybe I had temporary brain damage from the screaming. :) I just made the train which is a helpful little talent that is rubbing off on me from my roommate. Confession: There was a professor and 2 of his students who were having the most interesting conversation about art and poetry and I eavesdropped the entire train ride... not very covertly either I might add. Rayanna, Stindall and Liz picked me up and we headed to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. That place is delicious.... so delicious. We sat there for about 4 hours and talked, ate food, played the question game, ate more food, played I have never, ate more food. Mostly veggies though- so we felt pretty good about that.
We went back to Rayanna's house and played Heart Throb. She had found it at a Salvation Army for $1. The front of the box read: For all girls who like boys. I love that kind of criteria. You had to choose out of 3 "heart throbs" from the 80's who you would marry or date or go to prom with or something like that and then guess who your friends would choose. And we very maturely chose fake names for ourselves like "Late for Dinner"and "Helga."
You would not believe how addictive this game is.........
I loved it when we would all collectively shout "Really? What?!" at someone's choice. At the end of the game we chose our best and worst from the stack of hunks. Here's my best- I think his name is Joey... I would love the total goofball! It was priceless though- one of the most hysterical nights with those girls. And on the way home we heard a new favorite All American Rejects song. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy Moore definitely sings that song in The Princess Diaries! Oh, shout out to Anne Hathaway in that classic!

    ReplyDelete