Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1590

What is this number you might ask...

The number of times you said Pazcki today?
The number of times Tom Fisch almost hit a pedestrian on the way to the bakery?
The number of Paczkis consumed in IL today?
The number of times your shoulders went up/down in Bhangra?
The number of laps you did in the pool?
The number of pages in your new journal?
If you thought any of these were right.... you are WRONG! (especially if you thought the pool one!)

Despite waking up at the horrid time of 5:30am, Paczki day was pretty great. My roommate was graciously quiet this morning- she has the patience of a saint with me. Tom Fisch drove a group of us to a Polish bakery at Milwaukee and Lawndale. We waited in line behind all the sweet Polish grandmas to get our assortment of custard, raspberry, rose, blueberry, and even PRUNE paczkis. I took 2 dozen to the office. That was pretty great... I know it seems silly, but little things like that are milestones that I pause to celebrate. Today I am an adult- who brought ethnically educating snacks for her co-workers to enjoy. Pretty cool when I put it like that right? hahahahaha. I got rid of all 2 dozen 700 calorie treats... and probably could have passed out more, but you gotta start small. Maybe next year we could have an institute wide holiday so everyone can go celebrate this sugar feast...I'm just saying...maybe.

In the way of other milestones- I graduated from Bhangra 1 tonight. It has been such a fun class to take - sometimes scary and other times hysterical. The choices for continuing on with bhangra are: 1. retake bhangra 1 OR 2. take bhangra 1 rep
What to do, what to do? I could "spice it up" and switch dance genres all together and take tap but I don't know if I am ready for that yet. soon though.... soon!

1590 is actually the number of emails I sent out today............ BLANK EMAILS!
I was trying to do a mail merge and hit a wrong button and before you could say "fish oil" my sent messages went from 3 to 1593. There was nothing I could do to stop it either- just watched them scrolling across my screen- I tried clicking every "x" there was... nothing could stop it. Fortunately, I have a very kind boss who could find humor in the situation. And I could not stop laughing at the hundred or so responses from students I have received to date. Mostly they said things like: "what?" "who are you?" "hahahahaha" "???????" but then there were the serious ones... (it's ok if you are one!) "What is the significance of this email?" "Is there a message that I need to be aware of?" "I'm sorry to bother you, but could you explain the message you sent?" Every time my inbox filled up with inquisitive student emails I was burst out laughing. So forget all that stuff about adulthood milestones... and please disregard any blank emails from me in the future- there is no hidden meaning in them! REALLY!

Other things to note:
* I burned myself in the eye with a curling iron yesterday and have a scar like a hickey in my eyebrow to show for it. lame!
* I had my final frozen coke...... for awhile at least. I am giving the frozen deliciousness up for lent. The slurpee straw is taking a break. Hopefully 7-11 will stay afloat without my business.
* Last night I said genuinely for the first time in my life, "I broke a nail!" It was such a sad moment.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA, your blogs make me laugh. You seem to have quite the interesting life and I could only imagine the responses you will get, at least you can laugh it off now!

    ReplyDelete