Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shamila! Shamila!

Last night was Bhangra!!!!!!! The last couple of weeks I have been hesitant to go. It is so fun, but I seem to get a burst of laziness every Tuesday night. :) It is increasingly hard work.
Here's a video of my teacher, Shamila (center in blue) and a couple choice students. She makes it looks so easy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8q0u0anqIs

Alli and I were having a giggle attack after class last night (ok, so maybe we were laughing in class too) about the whole thing. You're on beat the whole time and then you make one wrong move right as the teacher looks over at you... then your the idiot with smelly feet who can't keep up. AWESOME! It's really great too when you are watching the instructor so closely and you feel like you are doing what she is doing but then you look at that giant mirrior in front of you and discover----- O no, you're not even close!

By the end of the class we were so exhausted and Shamila says- anyone wanna do drops? (Drops are these really cool looking moves where you DROP from a standing position to a squatting position and bounce there in time with the music before you push yourself up to a standing position in time with the music.) Ummmmmmmm. Yeah - see here's the thing though Shamila- we would love to do some drops - it's just that we're about to drop dead! Anyway, for whatever reason I said "OK" to doing them- still working on that mouth filter- it's always saying things it shouldn't! hahaha.

Even though I was really tired and drank the largest bottle of water 7-11 could sell me and it took me a little longer than usual to get up the stairs to my apartment and I laid on the floor for an hour unable to move----- I loved it and had that great totally spent feeling. I thoguht to myself- "Why don't I always do this?" My body, in a very twisted way, really DOES like exercise!

Next week is my last class and I am undecided as to whether I want to take the next level or try a different one. I have always wanted to learn to tap dance so I was thinking about trying that instead, but last night was so fun! If you have any input I'd love to hear it.

PS- I'm hoping someone is catching the Corrina! Corrina! reference from the title.

1 comment:

  1. I just met a girl that does Zumba classes.. youtube that. Anyway, she isn't here yet but going to be soon and I told her when she gets here I will be her first student! Read my latest blog entry! I want all the energy I can get before she gets here so I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete