Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grimace

Definition of Grimace:

1.) a facial expression usually of disgust, disapproval, or pain

2.) A large purple character that hangs out with Ronald McDonald


I thought of this word today because that’s how my face has been contorted all day. My back is freaking out in pain. Normally this would not be blog worthy- except that I just went to the chiropractor for the first time and let me tell you, THAT…. is the very definition of blog-worthy my friends.

The chiropractor is bizarre. After checking my range of motion and taking a couple X-rays he took me into this other room. He body slams my hip a few times and everything cracks. For a little guy he is quite powerful- WWF could be his calling. He tells me to roll over to the other side- can I just say that there is nothing more embarrassing in the world than trying to roll over on a doctor's table with excruciating hip pain while the doctor is watching? Nothing. While I am lying face down on the table, he begins putting 6 of these electrode things on my back. "Hey" he says, "Do you like the Detroit Red Wings?" I pull my head up from the table slightly dazed and say something about how it was cool when they won the championship. hahahhahaha. The championship- you know.... that one they won back when I was in HIGH SCHOOL! Maybe they won since then, but really... I have no idea. A whirring starts and then the electrodes on my back start twitching muscles. He leaves it on for about 5-10 minutes and then comes back in to remove the electrodes.

He says I have a birth defect - that my tailbone goes a different way than most people's. Of course it does! This slight defect leaves me prone to such kind of inflammation and injury. Inflammation caused by activities like bhangra dancing. :)

So my back is a bit relieved now- not totally better, but at least manageable. Guess I gotta turn in my dancing shoes for awhile...and I should probably brush up on my Red Wings trivia before the next visit!

1 comment:

  1. Where is more posts!!! Rach! I thought I could at least catch up on Blogworld... No such luck. well I am going to call you when I get back to the unit. Miss you and hope to talk to soon. In the mean time. GET BLOGGIN!

    Kaitlyn - your roommate. for some reason it won't let me sign in?

    ReplyDelete