Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lil Surprises....

Pete and Repeat were in a boat.
Pete fell out.
Who was left?
REPEAT!


This joke should have been placed at the end of the last post. All week I feel like I have been having these profound emotions only to discover they are the same as the day before, and the day before that... different characters, same fears and confusion...waiting to be reckoned with. Why is it that inner turmoil is so patient? You would think that it could be a slacker... you would hope, but it's not.

Yesterday however the LORD showed me His hand in such silly ways; ways that would only mean anything to me. And in the midst of my inner turmoil, I tasted a bit of relief from the Hand of the Almighty... just enough to keep me from giving up...just enough to keep me laughing.

Silliness #1. I found an "M" in my shoe. No really- that's all. There was this little, fabric "M" that felt like a pebble in my shoe. When I took it out, it made me laugh and gave me a whole lot of "scope for the imagination." Instantly I had a hundred stories bombarding my head about where this may have come from and why.... Was it a coded message? Was it from a secret admirer? Was it actually a W? Is it a clue to a murder mystery? Did it have something to do with Asher Lev? And of course there were more but I will spare you those. I told one of my co-workers the story and he said, "So?" To which I responded..... "Yeah, I don't actually know why I find this so amusing, but I do....I really do!" I still do.

Silliness #2. A friend who "I absolutely adore" (It Takes Two quote), sent me one of the best presents ever. Sunday, Scott Krippayne led worship at Lil Liz's church in Grand Rapids, MI. (That sentence contains so many things I love!) If you don't know who Scott Krippayne is- you should be embarrassed, but know that you are not alone. Some hints that may jog your memory: sings the "I'm not cool, but that's OK, My God loves me anyway" song, played at the Frankenmuth music fest 6 years ago right before Selah, 2 years ago his song was chosen for the American Idol winner victory song, he rocks my face off. If all that is not helpful at all you can always look him up on itunes. haha. ANYWAY... Liz talked to him and took a video of him and sent it to me.
TOTALLY LOVE the double thumbs up and the incessant waving.... I bounced in my seat and showed everyone that came into my office. It's really amazing how 15 seconds of Scott Krippayne talking changed my mood. He really is so great! You should check out his music. "Deeper Still" is favorite.

Silliness #3. Last night Weight Watchers was rough. I gained for the second week in a row... not alot, but nonetheless pounds I had already worked hard to lose. That was disappointing and close to depressing. In the instant I stepped down off the scale, I decided to go to Jamba Juice for dinner. hahaha. Such a "healthy choice" I know. On the way down Michigan Avenue, my hands in fists, I tried hard to keep the tears from spilling over the dam. I tried to tell myself things that were true.... but they didn't feel very true. I spotted Donald from a distance- at first annoyed that I would have to be social. Donald asked me how I was... and I gave him a short summary, "Weight Watchers went bad just now. I'm probably gonna cry. I'm fine." How's that for preparation right? Bless his soul for being such a good hugger. That's really what I needed. What foolishness that in a city this large I would run into a friend on Michigan avenue!

Confession: The funky 90's tones of Scott Krippayne's latest album are washing over me and these lyrics caught my attention. "Help my heart see this as another way to be close to You. Remind me this is more than just a mountain; it's soon to be a story I can tell of Your faithfulness. I will not forget." Super need to remember that... I am compiling a "booty" of stories of God doing His thing, being just Who He said He is. So thankful for all the silly lil' surprises yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment