Tuesday, September 15, 2009

7 Things Lighter than Meatloaf

Lately, my blog has been really serious and heavy and thoughtful.... like meatloaf. Tonight I was just reminiscing on all the funny things that have brought moments of relief in the midst of that and thought I would share them.

1. Question: who sends a sympathy e-card? It's a real category...

2. Today I saw a firetruck parallel park today. It took 2 firefighters with coffee in hand.

3. A friend and I went to a "world dance" performance. It turned out to be a school dance performance with the theme of ABRAHAM LINCOLN. I wish I was kidding... they were dancing to a narrator reading quotes from Abe's journals. They called it an "original composition" but I feel like our pal "honest Abe" is getting cheated.

4. As I am walking out of Solheim, one freshman says to another "....so then I said to him, 'Do you know why I love you so much?' And then I was like, "Because the Bible said to love your enemies' (laughter). " A shower of "Oh snap" rained from the other guy, as if it was the best burn he had heard in his life!

5. A man came in my office to ask a question- a simple professional question. He had a bunch of facial hair and I became overwhelmed by it all. I started sweating... always a bad sign for me and then my mouth went on strike. I was just uttering syllables and could not blend them into a cohesive sentence at all. How embarrassing!

6. Kaitlyn and I found a plant outside by our dumpster. Kaits had a vision for more green in our apartment, but I just wasn't seeing it. (It was a rather large plant) SO..... instead we decided to give it to Joe from "our beautiful neighbor." We wrote a note being sure to include how attractive we found his calves (it is after all his favorite muscle) and just like a solid bunch of Jr. Highers.... the rejection hotline. We were very "sneaky"- even disguising our handwriting. hahahhaa. It was great! We even documented the event.


7. Just tonight I discovered the literal video version on youtube. It has made my life infinitely funnier (similar to when I found those wedding videos). Here are two faves.... Enjoy!












1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh...the literal version videos! Humor we can both enjoy haha

    ReplyDelete