Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A-U-B-R-E-Y .C. M-A-R-T-I-N

Aubrey was pretty much the greatest roommate I ever had (don’t tell my other roommates I said that though). She decided to move back to California though in August. I’ve never been to the LA area but I imagine the weather and views to be a bit more appealing than Chicago, so I guess I can’t blame her too much.

Top 5 fave things done with Aubrey C. Martin:

1. Sit on the floor on opposite sides of the kitchen and laugh, then cry about life.

2. Going to see Glee the Concert in 3D. Better than renting the Justin Bieber documentary only because of the cool glasses you can keep.

3. Sitting on the front porch reading.

4. Getting our oil changed at Quick Oil.

5. Eating pizza we ordered (ALWAYS a good idea!)

By far one of Aubrey’s greatest contributions to my life is teaching my how to use itunes. If you could have seen me grasping the concept of playlists and podcasts, you may have confused me with a 60 year old woman. I asked her questions like: “It’s really free?” “You don’t have to have an ipod to use it?” “Then where do you click?” “Are you sure it’s free?” “Why should I load my music to itunes if I already have it on CD?” “It’s free right?” hahahaha. It was one of those things I knew about for a long time but was too embarrassed to say I had no idea what to do with it, so now I know.

Aubrey’s patience paid off however and now I am an avid itunes user. I have made a playlist of songs about God’s love to go along with this season in life. I have plans to make as many playlists as possible for ordinary things (workout playlist, washing dishes playlist, blogging playlist, brushing my teeth playlist, doing my laundry playlist, cooking playlist- you get the idea). Also, I listened to a podcast about how you can sweat colors- it’s an actual medical phenomenon.See how important this addition is to my life?!

I’m thankful for all our times together, Aubrey– I will miss you most when I’m watching guilty pleasure television. Smile Many blessings on your new job at camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment