Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mid-afternoon Train to Memphis

It’s been awhile since I’ve been home. More importantly it’s been awhile since I’ve been out of the city. In time, too much concrete can make your soul weary…

In the past 2 months I have felt wearier (if that’s a word) than even college all nighters and the days thereafter.  Mentally and physically the hours at work were demanding. Emotionally I was over invested in my new role at work and in the pain of girls in Bible study. I was anxious over finding a new roommate and there was violence on my block. Spiritually, I felt conflicted about what it means to be loved by God and wrestled with if I had enough courage to believe the truth. There’s a lot more that could be said with all these, but suffice it to say…I am in need of a renewal of sorts. And I’m hoping to find it in the next 6 days at home.

It’s so glorious to sit on the train and watch the city fade and the endless fields come into view. The colors are just beginning to change on the trees, so there are these surprising bursts of red scattered across the landscape. Every single tree seems like a grace from Heaven… so thankful for these good and perfect gifts from the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment