Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Introducing….

My new upstairs neighbors:
Malissa, Nate, Elliot and Aldyn (plus Nelson)

They moved here from Arizona because Malissa received a scholarship at UIC to do doctoral studies in urban planning. Hopefully they will be around a while because I pretty much love them already. (When Nate quoted Arrested Development it sealed the deal!)

Malissa and I have gone for coffee and studying at the Knock Box a couple times. We like to eat and play games together like Monopoly Deal. It’s fun to hear the pitter patter of feet upstairs (especially in the morning when I need motivation to get up). Sometimes I play “Guess the Sound” with other things that go bump on the floor. Smile I love to have conversations about urban ministry and their life experiences. They are pretty involved at their church even though they are new. Malissa gets to wear a stellar orange vest because she is the parking attendant! Elliot and Aldyn are totally creative and fun kids. I love hearing about their day or overhearing them playing in the backyard. They have a cute dog named Nelson who had a stroke so his tongue hangs out one side of his mouth- it’s pretty endearing. We also had 2 ‘adorable’ brown mice living in the building, but they have recently moved on. Bottom line, I’m so thankful that they are my new “roommates”.

My new roommate, Judith:

The Lord provided Judith from what I thought was a magical land because I had never heard of it before. She was born in the Faroe Islands (owned by Denmark) and cam to the states for college. She graduated from John Brown University this year and did an internship this summer in Chicago. After so much anxiety about who I would find to replace Aubrey on short notice, she moved in on September 1st and left me totally humbled at God’s providing hand. She is clean and likes to play games and loves pumpernickel bread and has great style and a cool boyfriend, Josh. She and Josh introduced me to 2 new games- Blockus and Sequence. I am no good at either… yet! Smile So excited to get to know her more in the coming months. God is good to me- all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment