Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Man in a Mexican Wrestling Mask Walks Into a Game Stop…

 

It reads just like the beginning a fantastic joke, but at the time it was so not funny. Jodecai and Zyleke went to Game Stop in Cicero last week so they could exchange some games for a new one. I had never even been to Game Stop so I was already getting quite an education about how these sorts of things work.

A man walks by the window. With a  Mexican wrestling mask on…

I pause and ponder how strange that is.

The same man walks back by the window and into the store- still wearing his mask.

I inch toward the door motioning for the boys to come with me because my imagination has gone into overdrive about this man robbing the store, holding us hostage and my Mom hearing about it all on the evening news. The boys are too absorbed in their game selection to notice my subtle movement.

The employees tell the man that in order to shop there he has to take off the mask.

The man grunts and growls and aggressively shakes a shelf of games.

I walk back toward the boys envisioning myself heroically shielding them from bullets with my body….

The man walks out of Game Works.

Me and the boys go to Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment