Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Overheard

1. A sweet 19 year old Moody male student in the plaza:
“My grandma is a blessing to me!”

2. A confused and mentally disturbed man on the el at 7am:
”Oh shit! I’m on the pink line? I got on the girly line? Oh Shit! How did I get on the girly line? I can’t believe I’m riding the pink girly line! Shit!”

3. Yakira in the van on the way to Bible Study:
”Rachel treats us like we are her own kids.”

4. The neighbor girl (8 years old) on the back porch through my bedroom window:  “Insert the words of a praise and worship song she was making up without knowing anyone was listening” (This is BY FAR the sweetest way to wake up on a week day!)

5. Zyleke at his baptism on Sunday:
“I know that when I mess up Jesus is always with me and will forgive me.”

6. A Moody Student headed to her dorm room:
“Going to watch Korean Dramas… I am obsessed and have to find out what happened.”

7. A text from my neighbor after telling her I would bring the pot (of Chili) upstairs for dinner:
“Bring the chili too, we might get the munchies!”

8. Me (a bit to loud) to a friend in a public area at work recounting the story of unexpectedly saying goodbye late at night to a friend moving out of state:
“I wish I was wearing more clothes right now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment