Monday, October 18, 2010

Running & Hemorrhaging

Only the Lord's sense of humor could have determined that girls running club would become such a huge and favorite part of my life.The season is getting close to the end and that makes me a little sad.

We ran our first 5k about a month ago. I ran with Niema and quickly learned how motivating a few silly bands can be. :) There were signs set up along the way- some with inspirational quotes, others with fun facts about the neighborhood. Niema and I welcomed the distraction to get our minds off running. One of them said that running asks of you every day if you are strong...Niema told the sign to "Shhhh!" Another one had a Bible passage on it from Romans. Something about suffering producing perseverance. Niema asked what that meant and so we ran and talked about it. When I asked her what suffering was she said, "THIS!" :) haha.  It was so great to have such a rich conversation that came about so naturally. So thankful that the Word of God has everything to do with real life.

Our church started Bible studies for kids and youth this Fall. I really love the Jr. High age group, but we only had 1 Jr. Higher in our church. So we opened it up to the girls in running club and that has been a BLAST! Tamika is leading the group with me and teaching them a praise dance to perform. I tried to follow along last week and got laughed at, so I will now be in the cheering section of the dance troop. :) Right now we are talking about our image and identity. Pray for these young women who are getting so many mixed message from the media and their peers; that God alone would define them. It is such a deep lesson that I know I am still learning... pray that it would really take root in their hearts and minds.

You could also pray that they would be convinced they are not all hemorrhaging. :) Wednesday's lesson was about the woman in this condition who touched Jesus and was healed. On the way home, everyone was still very concerned they might "have that."

No comments:

Post a Comment