Sunday, October 3, 2010

Peculiar Loves

Tonight I told a friend that I have peculiar loves….and since then I’ve been listing them all in my brain. So here are some…feel free to add any more that you know that I have forgotten.
Nova Scotia
This place is fantastically colorful and ALIVE and I can’t wait to go there sometime!
Andrew Peterson
He is playing a show in Chicago on FRIDAY SATURDAY and I’m thrilled to be attending with dear friends (though I will miss Alli at my side).
Slurpees
After a 2 month hiatus, I had one of these this weekend. SO CHILL!
Barry Manilow
What can I say? The man writes the songs that make the whole world sing! Alli sent me an autobiography of his last month and I laughed and screamed with delight. There is a pictorial section with baby barry and bar mitzvah barry… AWESOME!
Literal Version Videos
Seriously fantastic and make me laugh… no matter how many times I have watched them. “I’m not afraid of heights when I wear leather pants!” bahahahaha!
Hairy, Balding MenGoogle searching this was too ridiculous… so here’s a photo instead of a link.
hairy men
Chicago (the city & the band!)
Peter Cetera’s voice just cannot be replicated…glory of love….so epic!
90’s music
All of it… I love it! The end.
Smadar Livine
Favorite. artist. EVER! I especially love the bright colors she uses. The details and subtlety of the painting’s significance are such a treat to look at. Maybe someday I will inherit a billion dollars and buy an original.
The Amazing Race
This year I’m rooting for the Home Shopping Network gals… could be the winners!!! :)
Anderson Cooper
He’s serious and intelligent and hosted “The Mole” way back in the day.
Excel
I know it’s incredibly nerdy, but I do love it so much. It comes up more often in conversation than I would like to admit. :) I’m embracing it though.
SIDENOTE: I am listening to a Peter Cetera Playlist on YouTube while writing this. “Couldn’t stand to be kept away, just for the day, from your body…”
Fall
No need to explain this much… you know it’s your fave season too. :)
The Moon
I’m not entirely sure how it started…but the moon has become such a reassurance and reminder of God “seeing” me. It is wonderful to know that though I am small- I am significant enough to the Creator to be fully known. 
Bridges over waterThis is how this all got started…As we were walking around Douglas Park tonight there was a bridge over water I got inexplicably excited about. I have a feeling that it has something to do with this favorite moment from Anne of Avonlea… 
anne

7 comments:

  1. RACH!!!!!

    Please keep me posted on Friday night as you experience our beloved AP!! Any chance you'll get to be a 3rd or 4th wheel to a pseudo date again? FAIL!

    TWO MONTH SLURPEE HIATUS??? I think you have me beat! This is intense!

    YAY! Barry ManMan! Love that the bar mitzvah brings such joy to you.

    I actually searched "hairy men" on youtube to send you a video - NOT RECOMMENDED!

    Was your artist back for the La Salle street art festival (way back in the summer)??

    LOVE YOU and all the wonderful things you love for all the reasons you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, a bridge over troubled water!! S&G, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Rachel, I just KNEW you were a kindred spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall, no doubt about it!!!

    Excel, I completely understand, that should be at the top of the list.

    HSN girls on amazing race only because of the watermelon to the face. I could watch that video all day and night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey, I could also reply that video over and over... hysterical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA. Laughed. Out. Loud. (and that was worth spelling out :)) at the Barry Manilow bit. :)

    ReplyDelete