Thursday, August 6, 2009

Recollections

"Recollections" is the ringtone that is currently set as the alarm on my new phone. This may make me a whole new level of geeky-- but I am really excited about it. Here's the new phone number: 312-882-1111. It's still Verizon and I do have some texting. Which is pretty great since my new phone has a flip open keyboard. New level mastered! :)

Here are some other recollections from recent days (that all involve my health strangely):
Mental Health: Tuesday after work I called and left myself voicemails of things I forgot to do. You did read that correctly- I left multiple messages. I even said hello to myself and "ok, bye" at the end of the message. WOW! Friendly reminder....

Physical Health: I lost 2 more pounds at the Weight Watchers.... grand total of 27. Only 3 more till I get my award! :) I am so motivated by prizes! I was borrowing Dave and Joscey's van the other night and so I ventured out to Stanley's. I was making good choices- looking for deals when I came across these deformed tomatoes. I made fun of them (in my head) calling them cone head tomatoes, etc. Then I looked up to the sign and it read "Michigan Tomatoes." I bought one of the little rejects... loyal to Michigan. even if they do make strange shaped tomatoes. Also, I ate tofu for the first time. It was not that bad... it was sour cream tofu or something like that.

Emotional Health: It has been a tightrope walk this week. I have times when I feel full and alive; that somehow give way to playing the role of a victim/martyr. To be honest, I think that it has to do with the war raging inside my heart and mind right now. The things I learned at Legacy are being put to the test now. It feels harder to remember the truths about Jesus when the lust of the flesh is pulling all the old familiar tricks. It feels harder to stand strong when the enemy's lies sound so sweet with self pity and promise so much instant satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment