Monday, August 17, 2009

Per'don Senior!

It was 7AM and I should've been up but was instead reaching out to hit snooze once again. Somehow I realized that it wasn't my alarm- actually it was a phone call. Surely no one who knew me at any level would risk that. Carolina, PR flashed on my cell phone screen and I ignorantly assumed that meant it was a PR number since I didn't recognize that state. :) Later tonight I remembered and decided to call the number to see who it was. A confused man with a fake sounding Spanish accent answered. Who is this? I half demanded, half laughed. The moment I heard him speak I thought it was some friends of mine who had pranked me a few years ago. They left me a couple months worth of voicemails that would send me into a tizzy of delight everytime (as my poor roommate can attest). The man kept saying "I no tell" in response to my question. That kinda creeped me out- not gonna lie. "Good job guys" I thought, "but this time I'm too smart." I looked up the number on whitepages.com and found to my amazement that I had just called PUERTO RICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Basilio Vasallo Mejias...per'don senior!

1 comment:

  1. haaaaaaahahahahhaaabaaaaaaaaahahahabbbahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa. Oh, i love it!
    and yes, i can attest to those crazy prank calls back in 217
    i love that you did not believe him the whole time. you should call him back and "explain" and then tell us how that brilliant plan goes.
    so great!!

    ReplyDelete