Saturday, August 8, 2009

Part 1

Need. Want. Hope. Desire. WANT!
Need. Want. Hope. Desire. WANT!
raging...
shaking...
craving...
salivating...
agitating...
frustrating...
stirring...
alluring...
burning...
blurring....
passion in me with a fury.

Now growling and howling for MORE
Why didn't I kill this BEFORE?
guess I never believed it was really POSSIBLE
assumed it was part of being us
that lust would pester us
and the enemy would lie to us
until it finally got the best of us

Tormented in my brokenness
Finally acknowledging the cost of this
one choice
Every time I make this
one choice

I want to hold fast
but my body has put me on blast
not content with the replacements
refusing to hear the reasons
The lies of the enemy
echo and bellow silently
how easy it would be for me
if I would just give in, I'd be free?

so patiently it waits for me
so patiently
STILL it waits for me

IF I GIVE IN
it brings the LORD shame
and profanes His name
when I was created to bring Him alone fame
How can I do this thing?
How can I not?
How can I do this thing?
How can I not?

LORD, Why won't You
take this?
stop this?
block this?

2 comments: