Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rear in Gear

Recently, I read a really good blogger's blog...and it made me aspire to be more like him. All the output of random stories is amusing, but I want more-want to think deeply and critically and invite others to join me. So while you will still find the random updates on the hot chiropractor I can never be with because I don't know enough about hockey and/or basketball; I would like to have more input in my life- maybe I should rephrase... more meaningful input in my life.
Reading for instance is something I would like to take more seriously- I like to read, but when faced with the choice to read or talk- let's face it..... talking always wins. At work yesterday I started compiling a list of books I want to read- it's growing pretty stealthily! (Which reminds me... I need to renew my library card! eeks!) Topping the list is the sequel to My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. If you have not read it, please borrow it from me! It is incredible.
Also, I would love to spend more time with the women from my church. You know- Bible Study, Cooking, Crafting, Whatever...
Maybe a class of some kind would be good too- maybe an art class since my dancing career has been shoved to the back burner following a devastating hip injury. hahahahaha.

Any other ideas for meaningful input in my life???


Miscellaneous Nothings
* Confession: Today I passed a man walking his dog today. The dog had just stopped to "use it" and for some reason I could not pull my eyes away. It was so gross and yet I was totally fascinated all the sudden by this pooping dog. end of sick story I have no idea why I chose to share in my blog.
* It bothers me that there is bold and italics, but no underline option here!
* Alli and I were discussing sewn crafts tonight (knitting, cross stitch, etc.) It reminded me how good I used to be at making latch hook rugs. At one time in my life I had an addiction to those things. My crowning glory was the daffy duck one I made... I wonder where that is now. hm.
* Saw Sunshine Cleaning tonight. It was good-ish. Not as much as I was expecting to after the 5 months of waiting for it to open in the US. The emotion it touched was so authentic though and that really makes this movie. It brought up alot of my own feelings about loss- Probably I'll blog about sometime in the future.
* Sadly, this blog entry will knock the picture of Grimace off the first page of my blog! :)

2 comments:

  1. Rachel! Seriously, I love your blogs. No one has a perspective on life quite like yours.

    And can I recommend a movie to you? If you haven't seen The Secret Life of Bees, please watch it. Talk about authentic emotions. May Boatwright is the epitome of feelings too deep to handle. The intense pain she feels, like the universe pressing on her shoulders, is something too few of us understand. A gift, but also a curse.

    You'd love it. And read the book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. I recently did see the movie. It was on my list of things to blog about but then I didn't do it right away and sadly I feel out of touch with all the thoughts I had about it. May was so incredible....
    The book sounds great. Thanks for the recommend.

    ReplyDelete