Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dedicated to Scarlett in Hungary

Today I am overwhelmed with the smallness of my life....
There is really no reason that anyone should care about all these insignificant things I post, but I know that a couple of people read them for the laughs so here I go again posting them anyway. hahhahaha.

1.) My sister was in town this weekend. We visited the John Hancock observatory where we saw the sun almost set and ate beignets at the Grand Luxe which I renamed "clouds of deliciousness". We talked alot too- it was good to catch up. Genna corrected all my stories this weekend though-- making my life far less exciting than normal. ;)

2.) The cab driver that took us to Union station yesterday was quite possibly the creepiest old man I have ever met. I was not a fan, but he did tell us all about Niles, MI and the infamous
Ring Lardner that came from there. I think he was still spelling his name as we got out of the cab..... Thanks! Got it!

3.)I went to work with long nails... but came home with short ones. I bit them off- they were uneven... I couldn't handle it. This was sad after the accomplishment of growing them out for a month. Guess I get to start again. :)

4.) While all others my age were out getting drunk yesterday and collecting Mardi Graw beads, I was proudly buying toilet paper- Walgreens brand.

5.) I am wearing a bright magenta pink blouse today and feel really color coordinated with the gray charcoal sky.

6.) I saw a large stuffed dog as tall as me today in someone's trash. It was pink and white; and had Valentine Day romance gone sour written all over it!

7.) In addition to being a hockey fan,
my chiropractor also loves basketball. He went to see a Bulls game and they won. "Exciting!" I say- how could that possibly be the wrong answer?.... it was! He likes the Celts and wanted them to win. Possibly I have never felt more like a dumb hair tossing girl in my life. Also, per our conversation I started researching Irish punk bands. It is the most fascinating world of music. I would LOVE to know how some get their names... He mentioned a particular band I remembered as "The Benders" which I thought would make a really funny chiropractic joke (too much time hanging out with my 9 Dads at work I guess), but so glad I decided against it because that is not even their name.... "The Tossers" is their correct name.

8.) All day I have been freaking out about my taxes. My Dad has done them every year previous and I have blissfully paid the government every year previous. It not my Dad's fault. The government is just bogus. So I try not to think about it and write the check. :) I have gotten used to this, but then I heard some friends talking about last years stimulus and getting money they should've claimed last year and I got all excited that this year might be different. Consequently, I was trying to figure out how to get that money from Washington DC to the Chase Bank at the corner of Clark and Chicago, but alas! I was not getting far. Anyway, my brilliant friend Alli who works in finances has agreed to help me this weekend. Hallelujah!

9.) Suddenly, there is a choir outside my widow singing their hearts out in the Arch... They're good and all wearing Visitor ID badges. :)

I am so glad that Scar and the rest of your who read this don't mind my smallness... Thanks for being my friend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Even thousands of miles away you still know how to make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete