Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anderson Cooper looks alot like Dr. Hockey

I have had a crush on Anderson Cooper since 2000 when he hosted "The Mole" on ABC. I had no idea that he was such a delightful storyteller or serious journalist at the time. Today I came across a youtube clip of him on someone's blog and next thing I know I was "googling" him. Besides the part where they speculate about his sexual orientation, I found this wikipedia entry particularly inspiring. Maybe it's his impressive travel history or his depth in dealing with topics that matter... perhaps it's something more shallow like his killer good looks, dignified chin and accent; but something about this guy makes me want to know more about the world. Pretty sure that at age 42 he is not gay, but rather (like Chris Rice) holding out for me. :) hahahhaa. Maybe not. And it may not surprise you to learn that Anderson Cooper and Dr. Hockey have similar features... I'm pretty consistent about what I like- chins, hair and accents.

My heart was also smitten this week by Joe and Lenny in the documentary "Young @ Heart." It is about a choir of senior citizens who sing rock songs- some of the parts are absolutely hysterical, other made me cry.... a really sweet movie over all. Undoubtedly a favorite part was when Lenny was driving!

My sunburn has rendered me pretty immobile. I have been surfing through tv channels at random today and caught some priceless gems. 1.) Bollywood Unlimited- a news magazine similar to Entertainment tonight or Extra here in the states. Basically the same dramatic garbage about who's wearing what and who's dating who, except they all have incredibly charming accents and can dance! 2.)Water Polo world final- Did you know they have to wear their caps at all times to prevent a broken eardrum from an accidental elbow to the ear? That's some serious business! 3.) A PBS documentary about birds- no lie I was just watching a Home Depot employee explain how the birds have figured out how to get in and out of the store through the motion activated doors of his store. Wow! "Hey Darla.... come in here Hunny- I'm on TV!"

Speaking of famous performers....This past Wednesday Alli and I went to see TOPOL in "Fiddler on the Roof." That man is a genius in his role as Teyve. Absolutely flawless... complete with all the mumbling and exclamations! The rest of the performers were not as strong, but it was worth it to say that I saw him at age 74 before he retired from the stage. :) The woman sitting next to me also made it worth it- as the music started for each song she would lean over to her husband and announce which song it was and how much she liked it. Apparently I missed the bouncing Mickey Mouse ears, because she was also singing along at parts! The show made me think of my Dad and Grandpa alot- all the rolling of eyes and sighing behind their wives back in (of course) the most comical and loving way. Fittingly, I had a couple of "dad" moments at the show.... "I wonder what this ceiling is made out of. hmmmm. looks like plaster with a foil on top- what do you think Alli?" "Wouldn't you love to be the guy who runs the lights for this show?"Well, wouldn't you? :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol, the dad moments at fiddler on the roof...classic. None of us (well, maybe Rosy) will never escape those. We all do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anderson cooper is very delicious. Let them speculate to their hearts content about his supposed likes, I think he likes what the germans call "Rubens Damen" He looks like a cuddler, so he must like cuddly women. **nods** I think thats what it is.... ;)

    ReplyDelete