Friday, July 23, 2010

Residence Life

This time of year in Residence Life is one of the most stressful, but also one of the most fun.
This is dedicated to all the mom's out there of college bound students. Please call and ask your son or daughters housing department these questions! It will make their day as it has mine. :)

1. Should I mail my son a refrigerator?
2. What are the window dimensions so that I can crochet curtains for my son?
3. If orientation day is my birthday, do I have to drop my son off?
4. If I am staying in the area the first night, can my son stay with me instead of his dorm?
5. Can my son have a george foreman in his room? How about a magic bullet? How about a hot pot? How about a candle warmer? How about a toaster? How about a toaster oven? How about a blender? How about any of the appliances they sell on infomercials?
6. Can I stay with my son in his room the first night?
7. What kind of shower shoes do you recommend?
8. What are the under bed dimensions? Maybe his dad can make drawers.
9. What would be a good weekly amount to budget for our son?
10. I bought my son a humidifier. Do most guys bring one or should I return it?

3 comments:

  1. Lol!!!!! Come on...you know dad totally would have built you drawers had he just had the dimensions...and mom crochet you curtains if someone would just teach her how

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this I am thanking the Lord that my mom and dad barely slowed down when they dropped me off at BJ and then just sent Tim with me for his freshman year at Maranatha. I did have some roommates with mom's like that and let me tell you we did not make their lives easy.

    ReplyDelete