Friday, June 11, 2010

It's a blessing, baby!


Miracle League last night rocked my face off. I loved the job I was given... "the jersey putter outter" is the technical name. It's all about timing though and doing 3 things at once and pretty much that's what I love to do. And while some may be grossed out by the sweaty jerseys, I think it's so great that they are getting so much energy out and loving it.

On the way home I needed to stop at Walgreens for a couple essentials; TP and cream soda. A man who seemed homeless called out to me and wanted to chat. I was polite but kept walking confidently past. The rain started to come down and this man pushed his cart after me. He was finally making so much noise I paused to let him catch up to me. He tried handing me an umbrella and at first I refused. Then he shouted, "I got 12 of them in my cart, you see them? It's a blessing baby, take it!" So I did. It was the nastiest thing I have ever touched, but it kept me and my TP dry on the way home.

It was a blessing and I was certainly humbled by this man's generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment