Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gypsy Woman

Memorial day weekend.... is a great 3 day weekend for grilling, attending parades and wearing patriotic colors. Also, a good time for MOVING. :)

There wasn't too much stuff left in the florist shop apartment, just a few suitcases and random other things (that are now in my office. hahaha). There was a whole lotta cleaning to do though. :) So thankful for Alli and her help keeping my sanity that weekend. We basically ate delicious food every time it was available. Pockets, Tastee Freeze, Jamba, A cute little Italian bakery I don't recall the name of.... so much goodness and dessert! We also got our nails done and went shopping at Old Navy. Pretty much we are the champions of coping with change...there's no anxiety that can stand up to the comfort of a friend with a fro-co. :) BOOM BABY!

2 weeks ago my family came from Michigan and helped me move the majority of my things to the garage of my new apartment. I have been living out of a suitcase since then- on the floor of the little florist shop apartment and now in the guest room of a friend.

The friend's place where I am staying is actually the same place I stayed 2 years ago after graduation. It seems fitting that this would be a stop along the way to my new place. Places are very significant to me and I am thankful for the reminder of God's faithfulness in this particular place.



Moving is such an exhausting undertaking and stressful too. The moving and cleaning and many details to coordinate. It seems that I have been in the moving process for over a month now- from when I first started packing; and the more time passes, the more I find myself tired of it. The thought of moving from the garage to the house (though only 30 feet) and then unpacking seems a little overwhelming. Living out of suitcases certainly reminds you of exactly what are the "essentials." Maybe I will just join a Bedouin community instead... hmmm.



I wanted to post a song here at the end- that matched the title. Alas, I fear I was singing the wrong lyrics.... Lenny Kravitz is still working on this one I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment