Monday, November 2, 2009

NUMB3RS

2.
Days until the family arrives in Chicago for a ruckus good time! We have a few good things on the agenda, but are mostly planning to be together. I love them so much.

3.
Hours until lunch. mmmmm... how is it that I am thinking about lunch already?

5.
Kilometers I ran yesterday at the Hot Chocolate 5K.
Even though it is only 3.1 miles, it was a big accomplishment for me. Getting out there among the runners felt intimidating, but there was no foaming at the mouth or little cart to pick me up. :) I was not a poser....I ran the whole way... and I might add; at a pace a minute and half quicker per mile than I had practiced running it! I'm so thankful that Kaits ran with me- she really challenged my pace and kept it positive. Yeah Cheer Bear! Running into the finish line was really exciting- there were people cheering and music blaring and we sprinted through the finish. Then we cheered for the 15K runners at mile 9. There was a professional cheer-er there. He was screaming at the elite runners (who were already going ridiculously fast- 6 minute miles). "ATTACK!" he would yell.... "TAKE HIM OVER!" "BEAT HIM TO THE FINISH!" "ATTACK!" hahahahha. Kaits and I tried to keep the cheering a little more positive. We sang "Don't Stop Believing" to Joe as he ran by with his crowd of women. ;) Then we ate chocolate fondue. It was delicious. Mmmmm.... Will Run for Chocolate.

7.
Hours until SLAM. Love going there on Monday nights. Love the humbling responsibility it is to pray over these kids and coaches. So thankful that the Spirit of God is alive and moving and changing lives!

20.
Days until the anniversary of Grandpa's death. I don't feel ready for this. at all. It seems unreal that I have not talked to him or heard him laugh or seen his face in a whole year. I hate the time passing- it makes me feel as if I am drifting further and further away from him when all I really want is to be closer to him. I hate my powerlessness because there is nothing I can do to bridge that ever widening gap. Death is a beast and grieving is a long process. I am thankful that our God has conquered death and that His love for is does not falter. His name is greatly to be praised- it is only His faithfulness and grace that has seen me through this year.

31.
Days until Behold the Lamb. until I am sitting completely in rapture listening to the most amazing story of God told with some of the most moving music in the world with some of my favorite people of all time. Dave and Joscey and Alli!

No comments:

Post a Comment