Saturday, November 7, 2009

Couldn't be Happier

'We will rock you' or 'Eye of the Tiger' would have been more appropriate since I was at Moody's North/South football game last night. But instead sweet, perky, unconvinced lyrics from WICKED kept playing through my head. I was pretty happy though. :) And understandably so...

I could not have been happier to be standing on the crowded bleachers ringing my Moody Alumni Association cowbell!
I could not have been happier to be jumping and singing and laughing with AUBREY MARTIN! She is a pretty amazing woman... and I'm glad we are friends. and reads my blog. :)
I could not have been happier to have gummy bears in one coat pocket and pistachios in another to snack on!
I could not have been happier to see how much Moody is changing.... for good (sorry I couldn't resist another 'wicked' song reference.) Live band, hot wings, a unified crowd, a president on the field playing, boys with letters painted on their chest, MBI issue cowbells and thunder sticks, etc. O yeah, Big Moody!

I could not have been happier to have spent the past 3 days with my family. I love them so much and miss them when we are separated by the entire state of Michigan and some of Indiana.
I could not have been happier to spend a night in with them playing games and eating snacks and drinking pop just like we were home. And to have friends like Donald and Joe and Kaits there too.
I could not have been happier to pick out a movie to watch with my sisters that was not a TOTAL dud. You may not know, but I have quite a reputation for picking (to put it mildly) stinkers....movies where the wife of the neighbor is found under their porch by small children, where the father dies and comes back to support his son as a talking dog, mean girls who push a girl to the brink of suicide, 4 office workers who live a meaningless existence watching the clock. No need to further explain my outburst of joy. :)

I could not have been happier to sleep in this morning until 7:50am. Seriously, who could ever have imagined that in 2 weeks that is the latest I would have slept? Incredible that I have not lost control of my bodily functions. yet.
I could not have been happier to run with Raven this morning and get to know more about who she is and encourage her about the 5K next Saturday.
I could not have been happier to finally arrive home today. Without Kaits to protect me, the CTA hurled all it's ugly hatred at me. I tried 3 different routes home and missed 3 buses... total defeat.
I could not have been happier to shower and shave my legs today.
I could not have been happier to spend two hours at an outdoor table of Starbucks with Chaim Potok. LOVE that man.
I could not have been happier to walk past Mary Mary today (this REALLY eccentric store around the corner from my house that is always blaring classic rock power ballads of the 80's and 90's). They had the Christmas decor out and all of it was sparkly.... I wholeheartedly approve. AND the sign out front read, "Shopping is your patriotic duty. It stimulates the economy." hhahahhahahahahhahahaha! Good angle Mary (Mary)!
I could not have been happier to receive the LORD's forgiveness after trying to find happiness outside of Him this afternoon.
I could not have been happier to finally clean out our supply closet that has been in shambles for awhile. (This may be due in part to the fact that I have not yet done this... but am planning to tonight. Depending on what I find, there may be another whole post dedicated to it. :) you never know...)

No comments:

Post a Comment