Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lois' Lawn

My neighbor Loris really likes to keep her lawn looking nice. She is dedicated to water it every day and sweep the sidewalk. She and her son were out the other day working on their lawn- she called me down to meet him. I asked if I could help her with one thing and the an hour later we are still sweeping, going right down the street because she is a little embarrassed of all the leaves in front of our place.

I was teasing her that she was like a hurricane coming through. She even had us grabbing branches and garbage out of the yucky black water at the edge of the street. (I think I may have got some kind of rat disease from that... hahaha). 

She has high standards though- I was sweeping for a bit, trying to get everything perfect so that my work would pass inspection. It checked out OK, but was too slow for Ms Lois, so she took the broom back. :)

Some high school boys made the mistake of throwing trash on her lawn... They heard and earful from her about it! They respect her though which is cool. I look forward to the day when I can be a grandma figure like that... It really is such an honor! I have a long way to go before then though to perfect my sweep stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment