Friday, December 4, 2009

True Story(ies)

Wednesday the children came over. In between chomping on popcorn and playing monopoly, there was a commentary happening abut a girl from their school.
Enosha: "She is so ugly- she look like Hello Kitty!"
LeLe: "Girl, don't be talking about "Hello, Kitty!" "Hello Kitty" is pretty... what are you talking about?"
TRUE STORY.

Thursday I grabbed a "Big Gulp" at 7-11 on my lunch break. As I was walking back to work, I heard a man on the other side of the street yelling out, "Hey, Big Gulp!" After a few more times, I turned and made eye contact. He started to run across the street, but I turned, said nothing and kept walking. HEY BIG GULP.... REALLY? There's no way I am answering to that!
TRUE STORY.

I forgot that I was supposed to bring snacks for our weekly staff break at work... Happy Half... So I ran to the shop for pizza and Gummi Bears and called it good. That's my style.
TRUE STORY.

I applied to Moody Theological Seminary and Graduate school. Hopefully, I'll be accepted.. that would be embarrassing! :) It will be good to learn again. I do strangely miss it.
TRUE STORY.

My friend Scarlett is coming to visit next week. I am so excited to talk to her. She has been in Hungary for the past year and a while longer. She and I were on the same floor our first 2 years and RA's together the last one. She is a great friend, that friend!
TRUE STORY.

The Christmas season has officially begun. For me, the Andrew Peterson "Behold the Lamb" concert always rings in this "most wonderful time of the year." This year, Alli and I went with Dave and Joscey. It was a blast! WE sat behind a man who wore too much cologne, but we forgave him because we all got to sit together. (Which was quite an accomplishment, thanks to Dave's outgoing personality. Winner.) After the show; Alli, Joscey and I got to talk to Andrew Peterson. While he was signing a book for us, the silence was making me kinda antsy so I started talking. Usually this is a bad decision on my part- HOWEVER, this time it worked out beautifully. I decided to tell him about what a comfort the Resurrection Letters, Vol. 2 CD had been to me during this past year of grieving the loss of my Grandpa. To remember the powerful LIFE we have been given in Jesus is such a gift. It meant alot to me to say that to him in person (even though I had already sent him a fan letter... which he said he remembered. oh yes! And we've run out of time in this blog for that story! Tune in next time... hahaha)
TRUE STORY.

1 comment: