Monday, October 19, 2009

Here I am at Camp Granada....

Here's a list of places I would rather be right now:
(not in a snotty, "I hate my life" kinda way; just in an "I'm bored and these times and places are so great" kinda way)

1. NOVA SCOTIA. Specifically, here. It will be so great to someday experience the coast there and be awed by God's creation. There is so much "scope for the imagination" in that place. And YES! I am shameless quoting from Anne of Green Gables. Maybe I think if i go there, some of her spunk will rub off on me. haha. As if I need more spunk!

2. PARK BENCH. With a soft blanket and my latest Chaim Potok novel, The Promise. If you have never read anything by him, you need to. His characters are such a treat to struggle through things with. Tragically beautiful!

3. TASTEE FREEZE. No significant reason. I just love ice cream. Chocolate dipped in chocolate. mmmm!

4. 15 PASSENGER VAN. The Kimberley Family had this rocking 15 passenger van that we took on a road trip to DC one Summer. (Maybe it was for a HSLDA homeschool rally) It was maroon with a silver stripe down the middle, Ford of course. A rare beauty! In between hearing speeches and lobbying at the Capitol, we accidentally drove down one way streets and parked illegally. It was such a fun time driving back too- making up motions to country songs. "I had a BBQ stain on my white T-shirt... she was killing me in that mini-skirt.." good times.

5. SOCCER PRACTICE. When I was 11 or 12 our soccer coach couldn't make it to a practice and so we combined with an older team. I was super nervous and wanted to get out of there PRONTO. I was not the best runner, I was not the best keeper, I didn't even look all that great in our neon green uniforms; very few do. All this didn't usually matter except that now the older girls were gonna see that. No one was paying very much attention to the instruction about blocking that Mr. Soley was giving, except me. hahaha. It was my turn to try out this technique he had been going on about...try out by going up against the best girl on their team, Stacey Soley.("American Woman" should start playing as she stands in front of a paint splashed background in her spandex shorts crushing all the air out of a soccer ball with her bare hands, hair blowing in the wind while her lips creep upwards into a vicious smile revealing her bright yellow mouth guard.) Everyone before me had failed and I wasn't too hopeful about my chance. To my amazement though, I blocked the ball! Stacey was mad, and Mr. Soley could not have been prouder. :) That was a good time.

6. TN with Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment