Monday, March 26, 2012

Do you need some money?

When I rounded the corner on my way home Wednesday night there was a "welcoming committee". There were a couple men leaning on their car parked in front of my house. Judging from the way they were acting toward the ladies standing near them, the bottles they were holding onto were pretty empty.

One of the men called out to me- "Do you need any money?" When I turned to answer, he had pulled a WAD of cash out of his pocket and was waving it at me. "Are $100 bills OK? That's all I got." I smiled; this was a line I had not heard before!

He held out his hand and introduced himself as Ozzy, a relative of my neighbor across the street. I also introduced myself and then kept moving toward my porch. He asked how old I was...then tried to convince me that he was 35 and since that was pretty near to  26, we should go out some time. (This smooth operator was definitely not younger than 50 though, folks! :) For some puzzling reason I am a wild success in this age group.)

I went in the house, grabbed some dinner and headed back out the door to pick up girls for Bible Study. Ozzy was still out front. He pulled out his money again and questioned if I needed any. He told me he had a good job "building shit" for a living and he had plenty to share with me as long as I was OK with $100's.

No comments:

Post a Comment