Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Purse


Lately my purse has been an unruly jungle of receipts and coupons; straw wrappers and sticky notes to the point I could not even find my lip gloss! It probably did not help that there were 2 books, a brush, a cell phone, a wallet and a pair of dirty socks in there taking up space in there also.

I cleaned out my purse the other night, but left the dirty socks in there. They’re bright pink, from my Mom’s sock drawer which is a collection of socks the rest of us are too self-conscious to wear. They’re dirty from going bowling while at home a couple weeks back.

I had such a fantastic time at home! I slept and played games, went bowling and to the movies, painted pumpkins and star gazed, watched fireworks and drank a lot of frozen cokes. :) It was just the balm to my body and soul that I needed. I wish Chicago and home could be closer to each other.

Coming back to Chicago, I am very much more rested and in general in a more sane place. Coming back to Chicago, I am also feeling vulnerable.I had hoped that Memphis could undo the burdens of the inner city, but it wasn’t quite that powerful. I am so small and insignificant here. While I know there are those who care about me here, everyone seems to have to rush on to the next something. Emotionally and spiritually I need someone to sit with me awhile and be persistent. I know that’s a bit needy…but whatever mess is being worked out in my heart and mind is taking its dear, sweet time and I can’t seem to help that.

No comments:

Post a Comment