Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Red Badge of Courage

In general, I like to think of myself as a brave person, but what I am about to tell you pushes the limits even for me…
Sunday was Elizabeth & Sean’s wedding. I was the bridesmaid in a watermelon colored dress that was a bit to snug and I was feeling uncomfortable. BUT a journey song started playing and I really wanted to dance. This scenario presents 2 problems:
1. I don’t know how to dance… and
2. I had no one to dance with
So I marched over to the group of groomsmen standing on the edge of the dance floor and asked if any of them would dance with me….cuz I really loved the song. And, one of them did! We rocked back and forth in a circle a couple times- talked while I gestured wildly with my hands- pretty much as good as one can hope for right? Smile

I know it might sound pathetic, but there was a part of me that was expecting an awkward rejection based on my well endowed thighs and was relieved to find that wasn’t the case. It took more courage than I’d like to admit, but I’m adding it to my list of reality vs. hypothetical fears. Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment