Saturday, May 15, 2010

Celebrations

The list of causes to celebrate has been many as of late. Thanks for caring about these things and celebrating them with me!

North Lawndale will have a new resident in just about a month now. I committed to a 2 bedroom apartment that is being rehabbed by friends of mine. It is a beautiful place with a shared yard, back porch and decent sized shower (everything I was looking for in a place! haha) The only thing that was missing was a roommate... which in faith I trusted the Lord would provide.

Admittedly, I put a sorry amount of effort into finding a roommate. I asked people I knew, but I just kept asking myself, "Seriously? Who am I gonna find that wants to move to North Lawndale?" I am pleased to report that despite my lack of effort in faith, the Lord remains faithful to me. Through a friend of a friend and rap concert, the Lord crossed Jen's path with mine. She was already looking for a place in the neighborhood and was asking the same question. So thankful for her and excited to get to know her more in this next location and phase of life.

Because of the houses' condition at the time my friends bought it, there are some additional hoops they will have to jump through in order for the City of Chicago to grant them a certificate of occupancy. In other words, I am moving back into Houghton for a couple weeks of June. Moving back to the exact same spot I was 2 years ago after graduation- the H2 RS apartment guest room. hahahaha. I love that life is this ironic and would not have it any other way! This time around though, no storage locker. Hallelujah; I can move my stuff!

I cannot seem to keep the same job at Moody for longer than a year- though this year is the closest by far. Recently I was given a promotion within Residence Life. As of July 1, my title will be the Residence Life Housing and Administrative Coordinator. In many ways, my role will remain the same, particularly in regards to the online housing software we continue to set up for future use. In other ways my job will morph into one with more decision making responsibility in regards to our undergrad housing procedures, so that is an exciting challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment